To ensure that the t:connect mobile app works as expected, we recommend disabling automatic operating system updates on your smartphone.
Please note that:
- Not all smartphone operating system versions are compatible with the t:connect mobile app
- You should always verify the new smartphone is supported before updating your smartphone
Please visit tandemdiabetes.com/mobilesupport to ensure the new OS is supported before updating your smartphone.
This is should only apply to major operating system updates to iOS and Android devices. Minor updates and maintenance updates should not be impacted.
To disable automatic iOS updates on your iPhone, follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates.
- You should tap both the Download and Install iOS updates toggles to off.
Android smartphones will prompt you to update your smartphone with each new OS update.
Go to Settings > Software update and adjust your download settings.
If you have enabled the Auto Download over Wi-Fi feature and your smartphone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your smartphone will be able to receive and download new software updates automatically.
It is important to note that:
- The download will take place when the smartphone is connected to a Wi-Fi network
- When the download is complete, you'll receive a notification that there's a new software update available for installation. Always check the compatibility of your smartphone OS prior to installing the update.
These instructions apply to major iOS/Android OS version updates. Minor iOS/Android OS updates and security updates provided by the manufacturer can be installed at your discretion.