To use the feature that allows you to bolus from your smartphone on the t:connect mobile app, you’ll need to enable at least one of your smartphone’s security settings. This could be, for example, a PIN, a fingerprint, or facial recognition.
If your security settings are not enabled, the t:connect mobile app will automatically disable the bolus delivery feature.
If you already have set up a passcode or Face ID that you use to unlock your iPhone, you do not need to set this up again.
However, if you have not set this up on your iPhone, please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode
- Turn on any of the options, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete set-up
- After you set up a security feature, you can select which apps you want to use it for. Tap Other Apps and make sure that the toggle for t:connect is on.
If you did not set up one of these security features during the initial smartphone setup, you can follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings > Lock Screen
- To pick a type of screen lock, tap Screen Lock Type
- If you have already set a lock, you will need to enter your PIN, pattern, or password before you can pick a different lock
- Tap the screen lock option you would like to use. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup.