Whether you are continuing a current Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensor session or starting a new one with an existing transmitter, you will need to disconnect your old pump from your transmitter and connect the new one by following the steps below:
- Put your old pump into Storage Mode. In order to disconnect the old pump from your existing sensor session, it is important that you DO NOT stop the sensor session on your old pump. You can only have one pump connected to your Dexcom G6 CGM sensor session at a time.
- Wait 20 minutes after putting your old pump into storage mode. This allows the Dexcom transmitter to forget the connection currently in place with the old pump.
- Enter the transmitter ID into your replacement pump.
- Start the sensor on your replacement pump. (Options > My CGM > Start Sensor)
- Skip the sensor code on the replacement pump, if you are continuing an existing session. (If starting a brand new sensor session, you must enter the sensor code, or you will need to calibrate every 24 hours.)
- Your replacement pump will then join the sensor session. It may take a few minutes for the CGM and replacement pump to connect and for numbers to populate on your t:slim X2™ insulin pump.