Whether you are continuing a current Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensor session or starting a new one with an existing transmitter, you will need to disconnect your old pump from your transmitter and connect the new one by following the steps below:
- Put your old pump into Storage Mode. In order to disconnect the old pump from your existing sensor session, it is important that you DO NOT stop the sensor session on your old pump. You can only have one pump connected to your Dexcom G6 CGM sensor session at a time.
- Enter the transmitter ID into your replacement pump.
- Start the sensor on your replacement pump. (Options > My CGM > Start Sensor)
- Skip the sensor code on the replacement pump.
- Your replacement pump will then join the existing sensor session. It may take a few minutes for the CGM and replacement pump to connect and for numbers to populate on your t:slim X2™ insulin pump.