The Cartridge Change Error may occur if the pump encounters an issue when engaging with the cartridge during the load process.
- Check to see if an O-ring (black or clear rubber ring) from a previous cartridge was left behind on the pump’s pneumatic tap, as seen in the image below. If you see an O-ring on the pneumatic tap, remove it and then re-load your filled cartridge.
- Ensure that the cartridge is flush with the pump housing.
- If the Cartridge Change Error recurs, load a second cartridge following proper load technique, paying special attention to the on-screen instructions.
- If you are still receiving the Cartridge Change Error after attempting to load a second cartridge, please contact Customer Technical Support.
To help avoid this in the future, make sure you are following the on-screen load instructions and using proper load technique.
Load Sequence Tips (t:slim X2 insulin pump):
- Do not re-use or re-fill cartridges.
- Use the syringe that came with your cartridges.
- Use room-temperature insulin.
- Ensure there are no visible cracks in the cartridge.
- Ensure that there are no visible air bubbles in the syringe.
- We recommend filling the syringe with a minimum of 120 units.
- Only used approved insulins.
- Ensure you insert the needle in the center of the white cartridge fill port.
- Do not overfill cartridges. The base of the syringe’s plunger should not pass the 3mL line.
- Ensure you remove the residual air from the cartridge before filling.
- Click here for step-by-step instructions on filling and loading a cartridge: How do I load a cartridge on my t:slim, t:slim G4, t:slim X2, or t:flex insulin pump?