When filling the cartridge with insulin, it is normal to feel some pressure as you press on the plunger. The needle tip may or may not go all the way in, so don't force it. If you are unable to push the insulin into the cartridge, pull needle out of the fill port, reinsert and try again. If you are still unable to fill the cartridge, proceed to the troubleshooting steps below.
- Ensure you are not reusing the cartridge, syringe, or needle.
- Remove the needle tip from the insulin fill port, then depress the syringe plunger.
- If insulin comes out of the needle, attempt to fill the cartridge again.
- If insulin does not come out of the needle, continue to step 3.
- Remove the needle tip and twist on a new needle tip to your filled syringe, then attempt to fill the cartridge again.
- If you are still unable to fill the cartridge with the second needle, discard the existing cartridge, and fill a new cartridge.
To help avoid this in the future, make sure you are using proper load technique. If this issue is persistent, please contact Customer Technical Support.
Always refer to the User Guide for important safety information and detailed step-by-step instructions on how to load a cartridge on your t:slim X2 pump. Please consult the applicable user guide and refer to the table of contents.