We recommend using the syringes and needle tips that come with your t:slim X2 cartridges. If you believe your cartridge box is missing the included syringes or needle tips, check for them underneath the inside flap of the cartridge box.
Needle Tips Best Practices
If the needle becomes bent at any point during the fill process, replace with a new needle tip.
Securely twist the needle tip onto the syringe to prevent leakage. There is a protective cap on the needle tips that should be removed prior to pulling back on the plunger of the syringe.
Syringe Best Practices
Always draw air into the syringe up to the amount of insulin desired prior to inserting needle into insulin vial.
If the syringe is unable to withdraw insulin from the vial, remove the syringe from the vial, and attempt to pull back on the plunger to draw air into the syringe. If you are unable to draw air into the syringe, remove the needle tip and secure a new needle tip to the syringe.
If your syringe is full of insulin but you are unable to press on the plunger to dispense insulin, remove the needle tip and secure a new needle tip to the syringe that is already filled with insulin, then attempt to depress the plunger.
Load Sequence Tips (t:slim X2 insulin pump):
- Do not re-use or re-fill cartridges.
- Use the syringe that came with your cartridges.
- Use room-temperature insulin.
- Ensure there are no visible cracks in the cartridge.
- Ensure that there are no visible air bubbles in the syringe.
- We recommend filling the syringe with a minimum of 120 units.
- Only used approved insulins.
- Ensure you insert the needle in the center of the white cartridge fill port.
- Do not overfill cartridges. The base of the syringe’s plunger should not pass the 3mL line.
- Ensure you remove the residual air from the cartridge before filling.
- Click here for step-by-step instructions on filling and loading a cartridge: How do I load a cartridge on my t:slim, t:slim G4, t:slim X2, or t:flex insulin pump?