You can initiate your request for a software update in the easy-to-use t:connect portal. Below are the steps in the process, and general guidelines for how long each can take. You can always log into the t:connect portal to review your current status.
- Log into your account at portal.tandemdiabetes.com. If you have an existing t:connect account, you can use those same credentials to sign in.
Navigate to the My Devices tab, find your current pump, then select Update My Software.
- Find your Update, then select Begin Update Process
- Return to the Home page of the Portal and complete required software update activities:
- Confirm Your Information: If you make any changes here, a Tandem representative will update your information manually. You won’t be able to move forward in the update process until your information has been updated. This can take a few business days.
- Prescription Waiting Period (not always required): If your pump does not already have Basal-IQ or Control-IQ technology uploaded, a prescription may be required. Tandem will automatically request a prescription from your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will then sign and return the prescription which can take 2-14 days (depending on HCP availability). Once Tandem receives the signed prescription back, you will be notified via email and your online training will become available (1-7 days).
- Complete Required Training: Depending on your pump’s starting software version and the update you selected, you may be required to complete online training modules. You should be able to complete this step within a few minutes to a few hours, depending on how many training modules you were assigned. If you run into any error messages, click here for help.
- Following completion of your training, Tandem will send you another email with your software update ID code and instructions on how to install the software update on your pump
What is the Tandem Device Updater?
The Tandem Device Updater is a Mac- and PC-compatible desktop application that allows users to update Tandem insulin pump software from a personal computer.
You can download the Tandem Device Updater, and view information about available updates, here.
You can download the Tandem Device Updater User Guide here.
How to Update Pump Software
Please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/support/software-updates/how-to-update for easy-to-follow steps on how to update your pump software.