Download a printable quick reference sheet on Pairing the t:connect Mobile App.
Download the app
Before you can begin the pairing process, be sure you have installed the t:connect mobile app and set up a t:connect account. Visit the Google Play store or the App Store from your compatible smartphone, search for “Tandem Diabetes” and select “t:connect mobile” from the results.
If you have previously created a t:connect account to upload your pump’s data to the t:connect web application, or logged into the t:connect portal, you don’t have to create a new account. Simply use the same login credentials to log into the t:connect mobile app.
If you have not created a t:connect account before, choose Get Started within the mobile app’s login screen and follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
Enable Bluetooth Connection
1. Unlock the pump, tap OPTIONS, tap Down Arrow, tap Device Settings, and then select Bluetooth Settings.
2. Tap the toggle to turn on the Mobile Connection and enable Bluetooth.
3. Tap the check mark to turn on the Mobile Connection. A brief confirmation screen will show that the ability to connect to a mobile device is now turned on.
Pair app with pump
1. Go to the t:connect mobile app and select Begin to start the pairing process. Select OK on the confirmation screen.
NOTE: Make sure that the Bluetooth setting on the phone has already been turned on.
2. Make sure the pump is within close proximity to the phone. Once a connection is established, select the radio button next to the pump’s serial number and tap Next.
3. On the pump, select Pair Device and then tap the checkmark to continue.
4. A unique pairing code will be automatically generated.
NOTE: DO NOT press OK located under the unique pairing code, as this will cancel the pairing process.
NOTE: The unique code is only valid for five minutes. If the code expires, the pairing process must be restarted by selecting Pair Device from the Bluetooth Settings screen.
5. Enter the code that is displayed on the pump directly into the mobile app and press Pair with pump.
NOTE: The code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as it is displayed. Your unique code is only valid for five minutes. If the code expires, you will need to begin the pairing process again.
6. Once the code has been successfully entered, a confirmation screen will appear on the pump. Tap OK.
7. Press Sync pump data. The app will then import recent data from the insulin pump.
NOTE: We recommend uploading pump data via USB to the t:connect web application prior to syncing the pump with the app.
8. The app now displays the pump data and is ready for viewing.
NOTE: Data uploads to the t:connect cloud do not take place in real-time and require an internet or wireless data connection.