Before you get started, download the t:connect mobile app on your phone and make sure you’re using the latest version of pump software. You can visit portal.tandemdiabetes.com to check for available software updates.
We also suggest that you complete a wired pump upload to the t:connect web application if you haven’t done so in a long time. This will reduce the amount of data transferred wirelessly during your initial pump upload through the mobile app. Here's what to do next:
- Within your t:slim X2 pump, tap OPTIONS then use the down arrow to find and select Device Settings.
- Select Bluetooth Settings. Tap the toggle to turn on the Mobile Connection and enable Bluetooth® wireless technology.
- Select the check mark to turn on the Mobile Connection.
- Return to your mobile phone, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on, then return to the t:connect mobile app and log in.
- After logging in, select Begin to start the pairing process.
- Make sure your pump is within close proximity of your phone. The app will automatically detect and display your pump. Select the pump’s serial number and tap Next.
- On the pump, select Pair Device and then press the check mark to continue.
- Below the unique pairing code is an OK DO NOT press the OK button, or it will unintentionally cancel the pairing process.
- Enter the code that is displayed on the pump directly into the t:connect mobile app and press Pair with pump. It is important to note that the code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as it is displayed on the pump.
- The unique code is only valid for 5 minutes. If the code expires, the pairing process must be restarted by selecting Pair Device from the Bluetooth Settings screen on your pump.
- Once the code has been successfully entered, a confirmation screen will appear on your pump.
- Press Sync pump data on your phone to begin using the app.