Watch the video below for instructions on how to insert the AutoSoft 30 infusion set:
View, download, or print the following PDF for illustrated instructions on how to insert the AutoSoft 30 infusion set:
Autosoft 30 Infusion Set (PDF) >
Infusion Set Insertion AutoSoft30 Quick Reference Sheet
Prepare and insert an AutoSoft 30 infusion set
- Wash your hands before inserting AutoSoft 30.
- Recommended insertion areas. Do not use an area right next to your previous place of insertion. Please refer to your healthcare provider for infusion site rotation.
- Clean the area of insertion with a disinfectant as directed by your healthcare provider. Be sure the area is dry before inserting AutoSoft 30.
CAUTION: Check the tamper-proof seal and sterile paper. Do not use if the seal or paper has been broken.
- Pull the red tape to remove the seal.
- Pull off the sterile paper. Do not touch the spring at this stage.
- Hold on the lined indentations with one hand and pull the lid off with the other.
CAUTION: Be careful not to bend or touch the AutoSoft 30 introducer needle.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the infusion set is not securely placed in the insertion device with the needle pointing straight ahead, pain or minor injury may occur during insertion.
- Place your fingers on the lined indentations on each side. Pull back the spring softly until you hear a “click”. The needle protector will lift up or peel off. Do not touch or bend the needle.
- Immediately before insertion, carefully remove the needle protector. Be sure the tape is not stuck on the introducer needle.
- Insertion: Place your index finger on the top release button and your thumb on the bottom release button. Position AutoSoft 30 with its legs level (flat) on the skin to ensure an insertion angle of 30°. Make sure to maintain a 30° angle while inserting and gently squeeze once to insert AutoSoft 30.
- Make sure that the cannula stays in place: Put your finger gently on the clear window while removing the insertion device and introducer needle. Pull it gently straight back.
- Secure the cannula with one finger on the clear window. Carefully remove the backing paper under the cannula housing as shown.
- Remove the backing paper under the front end. Massage the adhesive thoroughly onto the skin.
IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to straighten the adhesive if curled.
- Put the lid back on for disposal.
- Remove the circular protective cap. Prime the infusion set until medication dispenses from the tip. Ensure there are no air bubbles in the tubing or AutoSoft 30. Consult your pump manufacturer’s instructions for use for proper priming procedures.
- Place a finger in front of the cannula housing and insert the connector needle. Make sure the connector locks with a “click”. Fill the empty space in the cannula with the following prime:
U-100 INSULIN: 0.7 units (0.007 ml)
Disconnect an AutoSoft 30 infusion set
- AutoSoft 30 allows you to temporarily disconnect from your pump. Place a finger just in front of the cannula housing and gently squeeze the sides of AutoSoft 30. Pull the connector needle straight out.
- Insert the circular protective cap into the connector needle until you hear a “click”.
- Insert the disconnect cover into the cannula housing until you hear a “click”.
Reconnect an AutoSoft 30 infusion set
- Remove the circular protective cap. Prime the infusion set until medication dispenses from the needle. CAUTION: When priming, hold AutoSoft 30 with the needle pointing down.
- Remove the disconnect cover from the cannula housing.
- Place a finger in front of the cannula housing. Push the connector needle straight in until you hear a “click”.