Watch the video below for instructions on how to insert the AutoSoft 30 infusion set:
View, download, or print the following PDF for illustrated instructions on how to insert the AutoSoft 30 infusion set:
Closely follow the steps outlined in the AutoSoft 30 infusion set instructions and per your health care provider.
NEVER fill tubing while your infusion set is connected to your body. ALWAYS disconnect from your body while filling your tubing.
How to Insert an AutoSoft 30 Infusion Set
1. To open, pull the red tape to remove the plastic seal. Remove the paper. DO NOT use if the seal or
sterile paper has been broken. Clean the insertion area with an alcohol prep pad or other recommended skin preparation.
2. Hold the lined indentations on the insertion device with one hand, slightly twist, and pull the lid off with the other.
3. Place your fingers on the lined indentations on each side and pull back the spring softly until you hear a click. The needle protector should lift up or peel off.
4. If the needle protector hasn’t fallen off, carefully remove it before insertion. DO NOT touch or bend the introducer needle.
5. Make sure the tape is not stuck onto the introducer needle.
6. Place your finger on the top button and your thumb on the bottom button of the device. Place the legs flat on the skin to ensure an angle of 30 degrees.
7. While maintaining a 30-degree angle, gently squeeze the buttons once to insert the cannula.
8. Place your finger on the clear window or tape and gently pull the insertion device straight back.
9. Keeping your finger on the clear window or tape, carefully remove the backing paper under the housing and press the adhesive gently against your skin.
10. Remove the backing paper under the front end and massage the adhesive tape thoroughly onto your skin. DO NOT attempt to straighten the adhesive if curled.
11. To attach the infusion set tubing to the t:lock connector on the cartridge, twist the connector clockwise until tight, then twist another quarter of a turn to ensure a secure connection.
12. Remove the protective cap from connector needle.
13. Fill your tubing according to the instructions detailed in the Tandem Diabetes Care insulin pump user guide. DO NOT fill tubing while the infusion set is connected to your body.
14. When filling the tubing, hold the connector needle pointing down. Make sure there is no air in the tubing.
Note: The approximate fill volumes are 10-15 units for 60 cm tubing and 20–25 units for 110 cm tubing.
15. After filling the tubing, connect it to the infusion set by holding the ridged sides of the infusion set and push into the plastic cannula housing on your body. You should hear a click.
16. Fill cannula 0.7 units. Put the lid back on the insertion device before disposing.
ALWAYS check your glucose levels 1-2 hours after inserting to make sure it’s working properly.
Disconnect an AutoSoft 30 infusion set
1. Place your finger in front of the cannula housing, gently squeeze the sides of the infusion set, and pull the connector needle straight out.
2. Insert the protective cap into the connector needle. Insert the disconnect cover into the cannula housing.
Reconnect an AutoSoft 30 infusion set
1. Remove the protective cap from the connector needle. With the needle pointing down, fill the tubing until insulin drops from the needle. Caution: DO NOT fill tubing while the infusion set is connected to your body.
2. Remove the disconnect cover from the cannula housing. Hold the ridged sides of the infusion set and push into the plastic cannula housing on your body. You should hear a click.