The Dexcom G6 CGM is compatible with t:slim X2 pumps with software 6.x or 7.x. To check with version of software you have, click here.
Note: In order to enter a new transmitter ID, you cannot have an active CGM session, or the option will be grayed out.
Watch the following video to learn how to enter a CGM transmitter ID on your t:slim X2 pump:
Entering your transmitter ID
To activate the Bluetooth communication, you need to enter the unique transmitter ID into your pump. Once the transmitter ID has been entered into your pump, the two devices can be paired, allowing your sensor glucose readings to be displayed on your t:slim X2 pump.
If you need to replace your transmitter, you will need to enter the new transmitter ID into your pump. If you need to replace your pump, you will need to reenter the transmitter ID into your pump.
1. Remove the transmitter from its packaging. Wait 10 minutes for the transmitter to turn on.
2. From the Home Screen, tap OPTIONS.
3. Tap the down arrow then tap My CGM.
4. Tap "tap to set up" to the right of Transmitter ID. If there is already a transmitter ID entered, tap on that instead. Note that you cannot enter a new Transmitter ID while a CGM session is active. It will be grayed out until the current session is stopped.
5. Using the onscreen keypad, enter the unique transmitter ID. The transmitter ID can be found on the bottom (flat surface) of your transmitter. If you have already installed your transmitter, you can also find your transmitter ID on the box it came in, or in the settings of the Dexcom app if you're paired it with your mobile device.
The letters I, O, V, and Z are not used in transmitter IDs and should not be entered. If one of these letters is entered, you will be notified that an invalid ID was entered and prompted to enter a valid ID.
6. Tap NEXT.
7. To make sure that the correct transmitter ID is entered, you will be prompted to enter it a second time.
8. Repeat step 6 above, then tap DONE. If the transmitter IDs you entered do not match you will be prompted to start the process again.
✓ Once matching values have been entered, you will be returned to the CGM Settings screen and the transmitter ID you entered will be highlighted in yellow.
9. Tap SAVE.
Important note about Dexcom support:
For "no restarts" alert or physical problems with your sensor or transmitter, such as bleeding, bruising, skin reaction, adhesive issues, applicator issues, or broken wires, you should contact Dexcom using one of the options at dexcom.com/contact.
If you have paired a Dexcom CGM with your Tandem insulin pump, and your question isn't answered in this help section, you should contact Tandem customer technical support for all other issues by calling (877) 801-6901.