In order to update your pump, you will need an Update ID Code from Tandem Diabetes Care. If you don’t yet have an Update ID Code, please read this article for more information.
Once you have your Update ID Code, follow these steps to update your pump:
1. Before you begin
Make sure you have the following:
- A convenient time to stop all insulin delivery, detach your infusion set, and remove your cartridge; this update will take 15 to 30 minutes.
- Your unique Update ID Number, which you should receive by email once we have received your prescription (if required) and you've completed your online training.
- This code expires 60 days from email receipt.
- Your pump Serial Number (contained in the email with your Update ID Number).
- A computer with an internet connection. A wired Ethernet connection is preferred.
- A backup insulin delivery option, such as a syringe and long-acting insulin, in case there are any issues updating your pump.
- Your blood glucose meter so that you can check your BG prior to starting the update.
- Supplies to change your cartridge. We recommend performing the update when you are ready for a new cartridge.
2. Install the Tandem Device Updater
3. Update your device
The Tandem Device Updater should automatically start after you install it on your computer. Follow the prompts to update your t:slim X2 insulin pump. The process should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
If the Updater encounters a condition that will not allow you to continue, you will see an error message on your computer screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error and continue with your update. If you are unable to continue with your update, contact Customer Support at (877) 801-6901. Tandem’s specialized Software Support Team is available Monday – Friday, from 6AM to 6PM Pacific time.
If you have trouble connecting your pump or starting an update, consult the Troubleshooting section of the Tandem Device Updater User Guide.
Other articles you might find helpful: