Disconnecting your transmitter from the receiver, Dexcom G5 and G6 CGM systems
If you are having difficulty pairing your Dexcom CGM with your t:slim X2 insulin pump, it may be because your Dexcom transmitter and receiver are still linked. A single transmitter cannot be connected to both your insulin pump and a Dexcom receiver at the same time.
Follow these steps to properly disconnect your Dexcom transmitter from the receiver and reconnect with the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump.
1. Before entering your transmitter ID into the t:slim X2 insulin pump, turn off the Dexcom receiver and wait 15 minutes. This allows the Dexcom transmitter to forget the connection currently in place with the Dexcom receiver.
2. Enter the Dexcom transmitter ID into your t:slim X2 insulin pump and start a CGM session. This will start the process of searching for the transmitter.
- If you were in the middle of a sensor session prior to getting an out-of-range message, data will begin to display once the transmitter and t:slim X2 insulin pump have connected.
- If you are starting a new sensor session, you will follow the normal two-hour startup period for a new session.
3. Leave the Dexcom receiver off and store in a safe place. If the receiver is turned back on, it could interfere with the connection between your transmitter and the t:slim X2 pump.
Note: The Dexcom CGM systems only allow pairing with one medical device at a time, but you may still use a smartphone with the Dexcom Mobile App and your t:slim X2 insulin pump simultaneously with the same transmitter ID.
Important note about Dexcom support:
For "no restarts" alert or physical problems with your sensor or transmitter, such as bleeding, bruising, skin reaction, adhesive issues, applicator issues, or broken wires, you should contact Dexcom using one of the options at dexcom.com/contact.
If you have paired a Dexcom CGM with your Tandem insulin pump, and your question isn't answered in this help section, you should contact Tandem customer technical support for all other issues by calling (877) 801-6901.