Watch the following video to learn how to insert a sensor:
For the Dexcom G6 CGM, please follow these steps to use the applicator to insert the built-in sensor:
A) Take the applicator with built-in sensor out of the box. Gather the following materials: applicator with code, transmitter, and wipes.
B) Pick sensor site: Look for a place on your belly or upper buttocks where you have some padding. Avoid bones, irritated skin, tattoos, and areas that get bumped.
C) Use the applicator to insert the built-in sensor
- Wash and dry hands. Clean sensor site with alcohol wipe.
- Peel off adhesive backing. Do not touch adhesive
- Place applicator on skin.
- Fold and break off safety guard.
- Press button to insert sensor.
- Remove applicator from skin leaving patch and holder on.
- Throw away applicator. Follow local guidelines for blood-contacting components.
For more information and an illustrated step-by-step guide to inserting a sensor, please consult the following user guide and refer to the table of contents:
Important note about Dexcom support:
For "no restarts" alert or physical problems with your sensor or transmitter, such as bleeding, bruising, skin reaction, adhesive issues, applicator issues, or broken wires, you should contact Dexcom using one of the options at dexcom.com/contact.
If you have paired a Dexcom CGM with your Tandem insulin pump, and your question isn't answered in this help section, you should contact Tandem customer technical support for all other issues by calling (877) 801-6901.