Watch the following video to learn how to insert a sensor:
For the Dexcom G6 CGM, please follow these steps to use the applicator to insert the built-in sensor:
A) Take the applicator with built-in sensor out of the box. Gather the following materials: applicator with code, transmitter, and wipes.
B) Pick sensor site: Look for a place on your belly or upper buttocks where you have some padding. Avoid bones, irritated skin, tattoos, and areas that get bumped.
C) Use the applicator to insert the built-in sensor
- Wash and dry hands. Clean sensor site with alcohol wipe.
- Peel off adhesive backing. Do not touch adhesive
- Place applicator on skin.
- Fold and break off safety guard.
- Press button to insert sensor.
- Remove applicator from skin leaving patch and holder on.
- Throw away applicator. Follow local guidelines for blood-contacting components.
For more information and an illustrated step-by-step guide to inserting a sensor, please consult the following user guide and refer to the table of contents: