It is common for air bubbles to form in insulin pumps. Having a clear cartridge makes it easier to see these bubbles. Small or champagne-sized bubbles are not a concern, however larger air bubbles can take the place of insulin at the infusion site, possibly leading to higher BG's than expected.
Please follow the instructions for use when filling the Mobi pump cartridge, including the use of room-temperature insulin, to reduce the chances of air bubbles forming.
It is common for air bubbles to get stuck around the cartridge black o-rings at the bottom of the cartridge (see image below). Always pay attention to inspect this area and be sure all bubbles are dislodged (you can tap the cartridge with a pen to force them away from the o-rings) and removed when completing your cartridge fill. These bubbles may become dislodged during normal use once the pump is placed on the body or in a pocket.
If you see air bubbles in your Mobi cartridge or tubing:
- Stop Insulin delivery
- Disconnect your infusion set at your body
- Tap the cartridge while holding it upright so bubbles rise to the center and top of the cartridge
- Tap Actions in the bottom menu bar, then Load Cartridge.
- Fill tubing until air bubbles are removed from tubing.
- Then reconnect at site and resume insulin delivery.