A Quick Bolus is a way to deliver a standard bolus without using your mobile device, by pressing the pump button on your Tandem Mobi pump.
Click here to view these instructions in a Quick Reference Sheet.
To deliver a quick bolus from your Tandem Mobi pump, you first need to make sure the Quick Bolus function is turned on. This can be found in the Settings menu of the Tandem Mobi mobile app:
- Tap Settings
- Tap Pump
Note: you will need to use your smartphone security settings to authenticate your identity in order to change the Quick Bolus settings
- Tap Quick Bolus Settings
- Tap the toggle switch on if it is turned off
- Tap Increment Type, then choose units of insulin or grams of carbohydrates from the picker. Tap Done, once complete.
- Then, choose the increment amount (number of grams or units, which is delivered with each press of the Pump Button). Please ask your HCP if you are not sure what to enter in these settings. Then, tap Done.
- Review entered values and tap Save. You should see a notification banner at the top of the screen confirming your quick bolus settings have been saved.
Once you have confirmed that the Quick Bolus function is turned on, follow these steps when you want to give a quick bolus:
- Press and hold the Pump button.
- Listen for two beeps or feel for vibrations.
- Press the Pump button for each increment of insulin you wish to deliver.
a. For example, if you have the quick bolus set to increments of 15g of carbs for each button press, and you are eating 45g of carbs, you will press the Pump button three times to deliver the correct amount of insulin.
- Wait for the pump to beep/vibrate for each increment pressed.
- Press and hold the Pump button until the pump beeps/vibrates to confirm the bolus delivery. Note: If more than 10 seconds have passed with no input, the bolus is canceled and never delivered.