To pair your pump with your Tandem Mobi mobile app, follow these steps:
- Connect your charging pad to your computer or use the wall plug provided.
- Place the pump on the charging pad, close to the middle. (Best practice is to line up the Tandem “T” logos).
- Ensure that your pump is turned on. You can check to see if your pump is on by pressing the Pump button once. If the pump status indicators light up, your pump is on.
- Tap Begin.
- If Bluetooth is turned off on your smartphone, you will be prompted to turn it on. Tap OK and then tap Continue and turn the Bluetooth feature of your smartphone on.
- You may be prompted to add Tandem Mobi mobile app permission to use Bluetooth. Tap OK and then tap Go to Tandem Mobi app settings and enable Tandem Mobi mobile app permissions. Tap Continue.
- A screen will display to indicate that your pump has been found. If your pump is not found after a minute, lift the pump off of the charging pad, wait 10 seconds, then place back on the charging pad.
- Pick up your pump and press the Pump button two times. The pump will beep/vibrate to confirm. Make sure you complete this action within 120 seconds (about 2 minutes).
- If you do not complete this action in time, a “Pump Timeout” message will appear. Make sure the pump is on the charging pad, tap OK, and repeat the previous step.
- Tap the empty field on the screen. Using the on-screen keyboard, enter the six-digit PIN that is found near the QR code of your pump. This is located on the inside panel of the pump behind the cartridge. It may be necessary to remove the cartridge to access the PIN.
ALWAYS disconnect your infusion set before removing your cartridge.
- Tap Done.
- Tap Pair with pump.
- A “Pump paired successfully” message will display.
For more details, visit the Pairing Tandem Mobi with Mobile App Quick Reference Sheet.
By pairing your pump to the Tandem Mobi mobile app, you will now be able to view therapy data in Tandem Source (source.tandemdiabetes.com).