If you are having difficulty pairing your Dexcom G7 with your t:slim X2 insulin pump, it may be because your G7 and Dexcom receiver are still linked. A single CGM sensor cannot be connected to both your insulin pump and a Dexcom receiver at the same time.
Follow these steps to properly disconnect your G7 from the receiver and reconnect your CGM session to the t:slim X2 insulin pump.
- Turn off the Dexcom receiver and wait 15 minutes. This allows the G7 system to forget the connection currently in place with the Dexcom receiver. Important: Do NOT stop your sensor session.
- Start your G7 sensor session on your t:slim X2 insulin pump. View instructions here.
- Data will begin to display once the G7 and the t:slim X2 insulin pump have connected, this may take several minutes.
- If you are starting a new sensor session, you will follow the normal 30-minute startup period for a new session.
- Leave the Dexcom receiver off and store in a safe place. If the receiver is turned back on, it could interfere with the connection between your transmitter and the t:slim X2 pump.
Note: The Dexcom CGM systems only allow pairing with one medical device at a time, but you may still use a smartphone with the Dexcom G7 Mobile App and your t:slim X2 insulin pump simultaneously with the same CGM.
Always refer to the User Guide for important safety information and detailed step-by-step instructions on your t:slim X2 pump with the Dexcom G7 CGM. Please consult the applicable user guide and refer to the table of contents.
Important note about Dexcom support:
Dexcom and Tandem have agreed which system issues are best handled by each company, including which company is responsible for reporting those events to the appropriate regulatory authority. To help ensure that the required reporting takes place in a timely fashion, customers may need to contact Dexcom for some issues and Tandem for others.
Tandem handles issues such as loss of connection (on pump only) and the invalid pairing code (Alert 29) on pump only.
For all other CGM issues, including would not accept calibration, the sensor failure during the 2-hour warmup, “no restarts” alert or physical problems with your sensor or transmitter, such as bleeding, bruising, skin reaction, adhesive issues, applicator issues, or broken wires, you should contact Dexcom using one of the options at dexcom.com/contact.