How long should my t:slim X2 insulin pump battery last when I’m using a CGM?
A full charge will typically last between 4 and 7 days, depending on your use of CGM and the t:connect mobile app. If you utilize both CGM and the t:connect mobile app, a fully charged battery is designed to last up to 4 days. The battery life on a single charge can vary considerably depending on individual usage, including insulin delivered, display-on time, and frequency of reminders, alerts, and alarms. The best thing you can do for battery health is to charge your pump each day for 10-15 minutes or until it is fully charged.
What's draining my pump’s battery?
Just like with a cell phone, the more often a display is turned on, the greater the impact on battery life. You can help minimize your screen being turned on for longer than necessary by:
- Clearing alerts, alarms and reminders as soon as they appear.
- Setting your Screen Timeout setting to 30 seconds (default). For detailed instructions on this, visit our screen timeout support article.
- Turning your pump screen off before putting it away by pressing the Screen On/Quick Bolus button. It is possible for the pump screen to be pressed and held active by personal items in the pocket or purse.
Other activities that may be contributing to battery depletion:
- Your pump is trying to connect to an expired CGM. Check that the transmitter ID you have entered is correct.
- You recently stopped a sensor session and did not start a new one. For 24 hours after stopping a CGM session, your pump may be searching for your transmitter even if the sensor session is stopped, unless your transmitter expired. Battery depletion will return to normal once a new connection is established, or after 24 hours if a new sensor session is not started.
- You are not using the t:connect mobile app, but you have your pump's Mobile Connection Setting turned on. To turn it off, navigate to Options > Device Settings > Bluetooth Settings > Mobile Connection OFF.
- Increased insulin usage can result in faster than average battery depletion.
- You interact with your pump screen for longer than 1 hour each day. Increased pump screen interaction can result in faster than average battery depletion.
Additional battery health tips:
- Charge your pump each day for 10-15 minutes or until it is fully charged.
- Avoid leaving the pump plugged in for long periods of time when the charge is at 100%.
- Avoid letting the battery fully drain to 0% frequently.