If you are having difficulty keeping your Dexcom CGM connected with your t:slim X2 insulin pump, it may be because:
- Your Dexcom transmitter is linked with your Dexcom receiver instead of your t:slim X2 pump. A single transmitter cannot be connected to your insulin pump and a Dexcom receiver at the same time. To help resolve the issue, please turn off your Dexcom Receiver.
- Your transmitter and pump can’t “see” each other. Your pump and transmitter should be within line-of-sight without any obstruction (including any body parts). Ensure that your pump and transmitter are on the same side of your body and that your pump screen is facing away from your body.
- Your transmitter is outside of warranty. Your transmitter is in warranty for three months but may last up to 112 days. If your transmitter has been in use longer than 90 days, Dexcom does not guarantee results, and you will need to get a new transmitter.
- Verify that your transmitter was securely snapped into your sensor pod.
- Your old t:slim X2 insulin pump is linked to your Dexcom transmitter. A single transmitter cannot be connected to more than one medical device at the same time. To help resolve the issue, please turn off your old t:slim X2 insulin pump.
After trying any of these tips, be sure to give your pump 10-15 minutes to reconnect.
Important note about Dexcom support:
Dexcom and Tandem have agreed which system issues are best handled by each company, including which company is responsible for reporting those events to the appropriate regulatory authority. To help ensure that the required reporting takes place in a timely fashion, customers may need to contact Dexcom for some issues and Tandem for others.
Tandem handles issues such as loss of connection (on pump only) and the invalid transmitter (Alert 29) on pump only.
For all other CGM issues, including would not accept calibration, the sensor failure during the 2-hour warmup, “no restarts” alert or physical problems with your sensor or transmitter, such as bleeding, bruising, skin reaction, adhesive issues, applicator issues, or broken wires, you should contact Dexcom using one of the options at dexcom.com/contact.