The alert is triggered when the pump goes approximately about 15 minutes without detecting a CGM sensor with the transmitter ID that was entered.
NOTE: If the transmitter you are currently using is also paired with the Dexcom mobile app and the Dexcom mobile app is indicating “transmitter not found”, please contact Dexcom.
Here are some things to check for to restore the connection:
Ensure that the transmitter is not connected to a different pump or the Dexcom receiver.
- The transmitter can only be connected to one medical device, such as another pump or the Dexcom receiver.
- If the transmitter is connected to another medical device, turn the device off. DO NOT stop the sensor session on the other device before turning it off.
- After turning the other device off, it may take up to 20 minutes for readings to begin to appear on the pump.
Ensure the transmitter is snapped securely into the sensor patch to enable pairing.
Ensure the correct transmitter ID is entered into the pump.
- This can be confirmed by checking the transmitter packaging or in the Dexcom mobile app if a session is active.
- The transmitter ID will not contain the letter “O”. This would be a zero (0).
If the wrong transmitter ID is in the pump:
- Stop the sensor session.
- Enter the correct transmitter ID.
- Restart the sensor session. (Note: If the session is not active on the Dexcom mobile app, the G6 sensor code will need to be entered in the pump to prevent calibration prompts through the session)
Ensure strong Bluetooth signal between the pump and transmitter.
- The pump and transmitter should be within line-of-sight without any obstruction (including any body parts).
- Ensure that your pump and transmitter are on the same side of your body and that your pump screen is facing away from your body.
If the alert occurred during an active sensor session (after the sensor warm-up completed), navigate to the “My CGM” menu and press “Start Sensor”.
If the alert is still present, turning the pump off and then on again may resolve the issue. Follow the steps found here to perform a pump reset.
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, please Contact Us for further troubleshooting.
Always refer to the User Guide for important safety information and detailed step-by-step instructions on how to use your t:slim X2 insulin pump. A full list of pump alerts, alarms, and malfunctions can be accessed in the User Guide. Please consult the applicable user guide and refer to the table of contents.